Monday, April 1, 2013

Changes

“Those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.” -George Bernard Shaw


We started our school year February 18th. I bought all the curriculum from Bibliomania this year. I decided to go with Lifepac. About a week into it Jordan tells me he doesnt like the English or the math that came in the Lifepac series. So we changed. I went back to Bibliomania and purchased Bob Jones Math 5 and English 5.

So we're back on track so to speak. I plan on supplementing history with documentaries as soon as we get our router back online. In the mean time we're using other things to "bulk" up our day. But this is whats nice about homeschooling. I have the ability to change whats not right for us. Jordan likes the Bob Jones math better because its a little more detailed and I like the Bob Jones English because the teachers guide gives me a better layout and I feel like I am actually teaching him.

As I have it planned now our last day of school will be December 13th. Then I guess we'll just take the rest of the month off and start again after the first of the year. I like homeschooling year round because I feel Jordan retains more. Conor is continuing ABCmouse.com and hes actually doing quite well. Emma likes to "do school" too as I also have her doing ABCmouse.

Change is hard for me depending on the situation. Im glad I have the choice to make changes as I see fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment