Friday, September 16, 2011

Week 2 at the Morrisons


We managed to get through our second week of homeschooling despite some crazy days. We didn't have school Monday. I took my mother in law to the doctors and then she ended up having to be hospitalized due to a severe infection that resulted in her contracting MRSA. I spent most of Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at home with the kids getting things ready for the weekend. Today I spent the day running errands and cleaning so that tomorrow on my birthday I can lay around and be lazy (although I know myself that will probably not happen).

I managed to track down the instructors guide for Jordans math at a local store for much cheaper than the website I was going to buy it at. I also found the science instructors guide on ebay for over 1/2 of what I was going to pay on the website. I also found a timeline book for cheap. This makes me very happy. Now all I have to do is buy the history instructors guide and we'll be good to go. In the mean time Jordan and I have been watching lots of documentaries on Netflix as a supplement until I have all the history books.

All in all things have been going pretty good. Jordan seems to be enjoying what we're learning and I think its going to be a good year. The next few weeks will be crazy around here. My sister will be in town as will my grandmother. I'm planning a field trip to the zoo for Jordan. It will be the first time we go and I have him take notes and then write about it when we come home. I am looking forward to my grandmother being here. I have a project on Grandparents that I think will be good for Jordan to do and learn about. We also have Emma's first birthday to plan and my 5 year anniversary with my husband. At the end of the month we'll be attending the Tulsa State Fair. I plan on trying to go at least one day during the day so that we can really see everything and then I think I'm going to have Jordan write a story about it.

So that's week two here at Morrison Homeschool. Ill keep everyone posted, those that are interested anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment